At Vitonics we believe that Good Health Begins Within.
What are Colonics?
Colonics are a gentle washing of the large intestine using purified water. The client lies on a table and with a colon hydrotherapy machine, water is run very slowly into the colon. When slight pressure builds up in the colon, the water is released. As the water is flowing out through an illuminated glass viewing tube, the abdominal area is thoroughly massaged. This process is repeated during the 30-50 minute long treatment. One session uses approximately two to six liters of water into and out of the large intestine.
The physical goals of each session are to hydrate the colon thus hydrating the blood and other systems of the body. This removes waste, stimulates peristalsis, rehabilitates the nerves, muscles, glands, circulatory and immune system and to reposition the intestines.
Why is a healthy colon important?
The colon is the last five feet of the digestive tract or large intestines. This is a hollow tube like organ made up of muscle structure that moves digested food and waste along by a wave like motion known as peristalsis. The primary function of the colon is to absorb water, electolytes and some vitamins, as well as preparing and storing fecal waste prior to elimination. The colon, along with the skin, kidneys and lungs, is a major organ of elimination of toxins and waste. If bowel movements are not regular, the waste products and toxins accumulate and can compromise our health.
What will a Colonic do for you?
- Cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
- Exercise the Colon Muscles: The build-up of toxins weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the colon naturally moves material. Having Colonics is like taking your colon to the gym.
- Reshape the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape because the colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the build up of toxins not being released. That in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.
- Stimulated Reflex Points in the Colon: The colon is connected to every system and organ in the body by reflex points. The colonic stimulates these points thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way. Thus creating overall well-being and health in the body.
- Hydration of the Whole Body: Water is absorbed into the body through the colon which increases the volume of blood. The circulation of the blood is increased, resulting in a greater bathing of the cells. This dilutes the toxins and flushes them out; relieving toxemia and uremia; and increasing elimination both through the kidneys, and the skin as well as the bowels. All this generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
Five things to do before a Colonic
- Eat as many water content foods as possible prior to colonic. Examples: raw and cooked green leafy vegetables, raw vegetable drinks and whole grains. This will start moistening up the colon for better elimination.
- Try to cut down on all processed foods. Examples: white flour products, cheese, dried foods, greasy foods and sugar. These foods dehydrate the colon and make elimination tougher.
- Stop drinking liquids 1 hour before. You don't want your bladder full before a colonic,
- No diuretics prior to colonic. This would be coffee, tea or soda. This also makes your bladder full.
- No foods 2 hours before your colonic.